Mission & Vision Statements
The College of Lake County Libraries and Instructional Services provide quality services and collections, advance information literacy and critical thinking and promote lifelong learning to support the academic success of students, faculty and the college community.
The CLC libraries and Instructional Services will:
- regard the Library as a place where ideas are sought, considered and shared in an atmosphere of mutual respect and civility.
- recognize the importance of educating users inside and outside the library to be competent and ethical users of information.
- collaborate with academic departments, ensuring that the library faculty are active partners in achieving and assessing student learning outcomes.
- continuously improve and maintain resources that are accurate, reliable and current
support the professional development of library staff for their own success and the success of our students.
- balance innovation within tradition.