InterLibrary Loan service is available to CLC faculty, staff, and current students.
Alumni and Lake County residents are encouraged to use ILL services at their local public library.
First Time Users | Forgot Password? | ILLiad FAQs
More Information About Interlibrary Loan
If you are not yet familiar with our Interlibrary Loan service, please take a few moments to read some information about Interlibrary Loan. To sign up for an ILLiad interlibrary loan account please click on "register for an account" button above and scroll down to the bottom of the next page. We have also recently posted a series of frequently asked questions, just click on the FAQ tab.
What we do for you
- For all College of Lake County students, faculty, and staff regardless of your location, study or research, we borrow library materials and obtain photocopies of articles from other libraries and have these items available for you to pick up at the CLC library location of your choice. This free service is available for any item not owned by the CLC Libraries, for items missing from our collections and for items on order.
- For other libraries, we lend library materials and provide photocopies of articles from the College of Lake County library collections
- The College of Lake County now uses the ILLiad system which allows you to request items from any computer. With ILLiad, you can place requests, track the status of your requests, view due dates and renew items - all online.
How we deliver items to you
- Email notification : You will receive an email letting you know your item has arrived.
- Hold for Pickup
All hardcopy formats can be held for you at one of our three pickup locations:
- John C. Murphy Librarys circulation desk in Grayslake.
- Southlake Campus library
- Lakeshore campus library
- Electronic Delivery
- About 90% of articles borrowed from other libraries will be delivered electronically through your ILLiad account.
You can choose your preferred delivery location when you sign up for your ILLiad account.
- Dont wait until the last minute to use interlibrary loan. Requests can take 2 weeks or more to arrive, dependent upon how many libraries own the item and how far it has to travel to get here.
Many libraries do not loan audio/visual materials and they may have shorter due date.
- You must provide a CLC email address. You will be notified when your item arrives with an email message.
- Pick up your items promptly to take advantage of the full loan period.
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the computer based interlibrary loan system that allows you to request items from another library.
Your ILLiad account lets you:
- Place a request
- Check on the status of your request (i.e. is the item on its way to CLC?)
- Request renewals for your interlibrary loans
- See your interlibrary loan request history
- Resubmit cancelled requests
- Update personal information on your ILLiad account
Please keep in mind the following:
- This service is offered to all College of Lake County students faculty and staff
- Most libraries will not loan new items (six months or less).
- Many libraries do not loan audio/visual materials so they may be harder to get.
- There is a limit of 10 items in process per card.
- You will automatically receive an email when the item arrives.
- Items will be held at your specified delivery location for seven days.
- Due dates are determined by the lending library. Renewals are at the discretion of the lending library.
- Allow at least 7-10 days for an ILL item to be received.
Take a minute to set up your ILLiad account. Click on the ILLiad logo or here and you will be taken to the ILLiad registration page. Fill in the required spaces and click on submit information. Your account is now set up and you will not be asked to provide this information again. You are now ready to start ordering interlibrary loans from any computer.
- You must use your CLC email address to set up your account (ending in either @stu.clcillinois.edu or @clcillinois.edu)
- Your password must be 6-8 characters long.
- Write down your password. Only you will know what it is.
- The information on your ILLiad account must match your library card account.
- Fill in the location where you would like to pick up your items.
If you still have questions please call the Interlibrary Loan office at 847-543-2465. We are open Monday through Friday from 8-4 pm. If you call after hours, leave a brief message with your name, phone number, the title, and the transaction number of the item you are calling about.